[Xapian-discuss] Re: searching and sorting by date

jarrod roberson jarrod.roberson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 19:09:27 GMT 2006

On 3/22/06, Michel Pelletier <michel at dialnetwork.com> wrote:

I'm a little mixed up on this, partially because we are using Xapwrap
which is an early product without much documentation (but still quite
useful so far).  Perhaps I should ask this question on the divmod lists
instead.

I tried that as well and didn't get very far with it.

Your best bet and trust me on this, is to use the standard python bindings
for xapian.
They are pretty much a 1:1 mapping object for object, method for method to
the C++ objects.

There are many benefits to this, mainly they are actively maintained and
follow the development of the C++ code very closely.
Also they use the same API and semantic nomeclature that the Xapian
developers use, so there is no translating involved.
You can pretty much port any C++ example directly to Python and use the C++
docs as well.

Ditch the Xapwrap stuff, it will just be a maintenance pain and misery in
the long run.