[Xapian-discuss] bug in query parser or wrong usage?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Mar 30 13:03:36 BST 2006

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 04:03:56PM -0800, Michel Pelletier wrote:
> but this one is different, seems to be treating OR like a positional term:

> 'Xapian::Query((or:(pos=1) FILTER (X3 AND X4 AND X1 AND Y2)))'

This is how boolean filter terms currently work.  You can't build
boolean expressions from them.

I'd say this is a bug, but fixing it properly is a little involved
as I think it requires changes to the Query class itself, so it'll
take a but of time.

A sort-of workaround is to use non-boolean prefixes instead of
boolean ones.