[Xapian-discuss] how to display the results in html which we r showing on konsole

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Thu Mar 30 15:11:38 BST 2006

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 01:51:44PM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:

> > Ah - I see the text ones, so they just look like simpleton questions
> > :-)
>
> Can we just set mailman to convert HTML to text?  HTML messages don't
> really add anything...

However that *removes* something if it's done poorly.

> The option is "convert_html_to_plaintext" in the "Content filtering"
> section (and also make sure "filter_content" is enabled).

Any idea if this will just drop the HTML version if there's a text
version, or if it will squash the text alternate with its converted
version?

To be honest, we could just enable filtering and have HTML parts
dropped. I've done this for xapian-discuss, I think - let's see what
happens.

This means that people sending HTML-only will get junked, but unless
anyone speaks up about an MUA they use that simply can't generate text
parts I don't see that as being a problem.

(Also means that attachments will be junked. Hooray. What's the MIME
type for patches again?)