[Xapian-discuss] Xapian 0.9.5, Cygwin and xapian-config

Patrick Mézard pmezard at gmail.com
Mon May 8 18:41:07 BST 2006

Olly Betts wrote:
> On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 06:47:04PM +0200, Patrick M?zard wrote:
>
>> The "make" command failed when trying to build "xapian-config". "make"
>> outputs:
>> """
>> cd . && /bin/sh ./config.status xapian-config
>> config.status: creating xapian-config
>> """
>> then seems to never terminate (I let it run for twenty minutes before
>> killing it). The task manager shows that "sed" is taking all the
>> processing time and FileMon does not show any specific filesystem
>> activity. I am stuck at this point. I tried to comment the library
>> dependency tracking function added since xapian 0.9.2 to no avail.
>>

> I think the problem is with generating xapian-config, not trying to
> run it (especially since it doesn't get run at all during the
> xapian-core build!)
>
> Can you find out what arguments the sed was passed?  If "ps" works in
> cygwin, the output of "ps wux|grep sed" should say.  If not, can you
> see if "config.status" is still running?

The options you gave me are not implemented in my version of Cygwin. I
used Process Explorer instead and the sed command is lauched with:
"""
sed.exe -f ./confstatLr3552/subs-3.sed
"""

subs-3.sed looks like:
"""
:t
  /@[a-zA-Z_][a-zA-Z_0-9]*@/!b
s, at MAINTAINER_MODE_TRUE@,#,;t t
s, at MAINTAINER_MODE_FALSE@,,;t t
s, at MAINT@,#,;t t
s, at CC_FOR_BUILD@,gcc,;t t
s, at XAPIAN_LDFLAGS@,,;t t
s, at ldflags@,-Wl&--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc,;t t
s, at ANSI_CXXFLAGS@,,;t t
s, at PERL@,,;t t
s, at DOT@,/cygdrive/d/PROGRA~1/ATT/Graphviz/bin/dot,;t t
s, at DOXYGEN_DOT_PATH@,/cygdrive/d/PROGRA~1/ATT/Graphviz/bin,;t t
s, at LATEX@,,;t t
s, at MAKEINDEX@,,;t t
s, at DOXYGEN@,,;t t
s, at DVIPS@,,;t t
s, at HELP2MAN@,,;t t
s, at VALGRIND@,,;t t
s, at LIBOBJS@,,;t t
s, at BUILD_BACKEND_MUSCAT36_TRUE@,#,;t t
s, at BUILD_BACKEND_MUSCAT36_FALSE@,,;t t
s, at BUILD_BACKEND_QUARTZ_TRUE@,,;t t
s, at BUILD_BACKEND_QUARTZ_FALSE@,#,;t t
s, at BUILD_BACKEND_FLINT_TRUE@,,;t t
s, at BUILD_BACKEND_FLINT_FALSE@,#,;t t
s, at BUILD_BACKEND_INMEMORY_TRUE@,,;t t
s, at BUILD_BACKEND_INMEMORY_FALSE@,#,;t t
s, at BUILD_BACKEND_REMOTE_TRUE@,#,;t t
s, at BUILD_BACKEND_REMOTE_FALSE@,,;t t
s, at STLPORT_INCLUDE@,,;t t
s, at STLPORT_LIBS@,,;t t
s, at STLPORT_CXXFLAGS@,,;t t
s, at AM_CXXFLAGS@, -Wall -W -Wredundant-decls -Wundef -Wpointer-arith
-Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wno-multichar -Wno-long-long
-fno-gnu-keywords,;t t
s, at link_all_deplibs_CXX@,unknown,;t t
s, at LTLIBOBJS@,,;t t
"""