[Xapian-discuss] Xapian 0.9.5, Cygwin and xapian-config

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue May 9 14:49:16 BST 2006

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 10:56:29PM +0200, Patrick M?zard wrote:
> Ok, the "&" generation can be avoided by rewriting the configure section
> from line 20073 to line 20083 and removing the commas between "-Wl" and
> "$ldflags" like:

The GCC documentation doesn't say that you can omit the comma after "-Wl"
so that may not work as you hope.  We could use "-Xlinker" instead which
passes the next argument to the linker (both are supported as far back
as GCC 2.95.4).  But it would be good to track down this odd bug which
prevents the comma being escaped correctly.

> Then I got another error : make cannot find any rule to build
> xapian-config.1.

You shouldn't need one - it's in the tarball!  Unless you did "rm
xapian-config*" or "make maintainer-clean" then something very odd is
going on.

> quest.o(.text+0x84): In function `main':
> c:/dev/mz/libs/xapian/xapian-core-0.9.5/examples/../include/xapian/queryparser.h
> :60: variable 'vtable for Xapian::SimpleStopper' can't be auto-imported.
> Please
> read the documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.

If you read that section, it'll tell you one solution is to add
"--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc"!  So I suspect this is fallout from
removing the comma from after "-Wl"...