[Xapian-discuss] quick-and-dirty web search for a bunch of PDFs?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue May 16 13:53:44 BST 2006

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 10:39:16PM +1000, John Pye wrote:
> I checked the 'rpm -ql xapian-omega' list and I found that there was no
> documentation bundled with omega's RPM. Maybe you need to change the way
> you're packaging omega?

Odd - the spec file looks like it should be including them:

mv %{buildroot}/usr/share/doc/omega %{buildroot}/usr/share/doc/%{name}-%{version}

Fabrice: Any idea what's going wrong there?  Does the %files list need
to include "/usr/share/doc/%{name}-%{version}" as well as %docdir-ing
it?

> I'll grab the source package and check in there,
> in any case. But it would be good if the 'README' file in the RPM
> mentioned a URL where the documentation were available.

Unfortunately the Omega documentation isn't currently available online
(I know that needs fixing!)  The closest thing currently is viewing
it via the web interface to svn:

http://svn.xapian.org/trunk/xapian-applications/omega/docs/