[Xapian-discuss] SORTREVERSE

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Nov 3 00:33:18 GMT 2006

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 09:23:07PM +0100, M.J. van der Veen wrote:
> Can I use the SORTREVERSE parameter on the same value as I use the SORT
> parameter?

SORTREVERSE doesn't specify a value - it's either zero or non-zero and allows
you to reverse the sort order for the value specified by SORT:

    SORT
        reorder results by this value number (greater values are better).
        The comparison used is a string compare.

    SORTREVERSE
        if non-zero, reverse the sort order so that lower values are better.

> adding SORT=1 as a parameter to the omega binary works perfectly, however
> adding the SORTREVERSE=1 parameter doesn't work.

So are you specifying both SORT=1 and SORTREVERSE=1 in this case?

If so, what exactly happens ("doesn't work" could mean many things)?

> Can someone also explain to me when I have to escape parameters with a
> single quote?

Sorry, I don't understand.  Parameters to what?