[Xapian-discuss] 2 questions

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Nov 3 13:14:25 GMT 2006

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 11:54:39AM +0100, Tomasz Jackowiak wrote:
> I'm wondering how to recognize whitch database type I'm using.

Look in the directory - if there's a file called "iamflint", it's flint.
Otherwise it's quartz.

> Database::get_description() returns only 'Database()'.

That could be improved...

> Also there is no flinf_open() function in php bindings. I can not see
> any differences in file structure. Is there any other way to do that?

Flint::open() isn't currently wrapped, so for now you need to set
XAPIAN_PREFER_FLINT - see:

http://wiki.xapian.org/FlintBackend_2fHowToCreateAFlintDatabase

> Second. I would like to use MatchDecider object. Can You give me any
> example how should it looks like? How should I call a repacement
> function for 'MatchDecider::operator()' mentioned in API? I'm using php.

SWIG doesn't currently support directors for PHP, so we can't wrap any
of the callback-like classes for PHP.  I had a look at PHP's Zend API
and I think it's possible to implement directors for PHP at least -
just nobody has implemented it yet.