[Xapian-discuss] Behavior of WritableDatabase against an "add_database"

Rafael SDM Sierra sdm at underlinux.com.br
Fri Nov 3 21:22:14 GMT 2006

Hi, I'm trying the new stable remote writing (and it is working :D), but I
have a question, I can use:
<code>
idx = xapian.WritableDatabase()
idx.add_database(xapian.remote_open_writable('192.168.0.1',6666))
[insert the document]
del idx
</code>

And it will work, I can search for the document and it will be return the
document added.
But, what's happen when I do more "add_database's"?
Like:
<code>
idx = xapian.WritableDatabase()
for i in xrange(1024,1034):
   idx.add_database(xapian.remote_open_writable('192.168.0.1',i))

[insert lots of documents]
del idx
</code>

What it does? In my tests it inserted the documents in the last
"add_database", it's true? Or have some miracle load balancing?

Xapian-0.9.8
Python-2.4
FreeBSD-6.0
--