[Xapian-discuss] Behavior of WritableDatabase against an "add_database"

Rafael SDM Sierra sdm at underlinux.com.br
Sat Nov 4 00:33:34 GMT 2006

On 11/3/06, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:

> This isn't expected to work so any behaviour here is accidental and
> shouldn't be relied upon!  It's only intended that add_database be
> used on Database objects.

Yes, when I opened the API documentation for WritableDatabase and don't see
nothing talking about database, it is was I think.

This is the way I'd expect the above example to be written:

> idx = xapian.remote_open_writable('192.168.0.1',6666)
> [insert the document]
> del idx

btw, I'll use only one WritableDatabase for write.

But, still the suggest of implement some load balance feature in some future
version (2.0 maybe...oO)

Cheers,

--
SDM Underlinux