[Xapian-discuss] Behavior of WritableDatabase against an "add_database"

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sat Nov 4 10:46:06 GMT 2006

On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 09:09:34AM +0000, James Aylett wrote:
> This could be implemented in Xapian, but I'm not convinced it's the
> right place, because the logic for how to segment documents would
> still need to come in your code.

I think we could sanely implement a "round robin" system, such that
we add a document to each database in turn.  That would at least
share the load, even if it wasn't exactly balanced.

I'm not sure we want to get into anything fancier - as you say, the
callback is clumsy, and it'll actually be simpler to just handle it in
user code.