[Xapian-discuss] Behavior of WritableDatabase against an "add_database"

Rafael SDM Sierra sdm at underlinux.com.br
Sat Nov 4 15:33:18 GMT 2006

On 11/4/06, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 02:15:19PM +0000, James Aylett wrote:
> > I'm still not convinced it's worth putting in core - we could write a
> > note on the wiki. Again, it's only a few lines of code, and in general
> > you really want to think about things in a little more detail...
>
> Depends how complete a WritableDatabase you want.  If you just want to
> handle add_document, it's trivial to implement yourself.  But e.g. the
> termname variants of replace_document and delete_document will require
> more work, and you'd need to write a lot of tedious dispatching code
> for the other methods which is already in xapian-core.

The implementation of add_database that I've think was your reply: "that we
add a document to each database in turn"
And the others functions (replace/delete_document) is based on the xapwrap,
search for the terms across the list of database and override/delete where
it's founded

Also, notice that the round-robin approach matches how we interleave
> document ids when handling reading from several database together.

I'm sorry, I don't know what is "round-robin" (term not found in my mind
xD), I'll look for informations

Cheers,
>     Olly

Thanks