[Xapian-discuss] Searching for document-groups

Christoph Hack c.hack at gmx.at
Tue Nov 7 18:59:58 GMT 2006

Hi everybody,

my name is Christoph Hack and I am new at xapian, but I am very
impressed. I want to write a xapian based search engine for a
bulletin board. I indexed each post as a document and I can
actually search for single posts including a specified term - that
works fine.

And now I am wondering how i can reduce the search results to
entire threads and display posts with the same root-post just once.
Of course I could sort and filter the posts after searching manually,
but I am looking for a faster (xapian based) solution :)

If there are any questions left, please feel free to ask. Thanks in
advance.

Regards
Christoph Hack