[Xapian-discuss] Updating xapian entries with omega

M.J. van der Veen forward at mvanderveen.nl
Wed Nov 8 12:45:53 GMT 2006

Hi,

I'm using omega and xapian to index a discussion board. Now, I have defined
a UNIQUE field in my index file.
When I supply two records with the same unique value sequentially to the
omega scriptindex binary it returns that 2 entries are added.

I would have expected that the first is an addition and the second an
update.

Can anyone explain how we can use omega to update records?

Moreover, what is the cost of an update to the database? Would it make a big
difference to update multiple records in a single run instead of executing
the scriptindex
seperately for each update?

Cheers,

Maarten