[Xapian-discuss] Java API

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Nov 8 18:32:57 GMT 2006

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 12:47:11PM -0500, Jason W. Solinsky wrote:
> I'd like to use the Xapian Java API Bindings on Fedora Core 5. I've added
> the xapian repository to yum and installed the xapian-bindings and xapian
> core packages. Could somebody please point me in the direction I should go
> from here?

The Java bindings have not yet been packaged as RPMs (python, php, tcl8,
and csharp have been so far).

So if you install xapian-core from a package, you should just be able to
download the source code for xapian-bindings, make sure you have a
Java toolchain installed, and then:

tar zxvf xapian-bindings-0.9.8.tar.gz
cd xapian-bindings-0.9.8
./configure --with-java