[Xapian-discuss] Re: Java API

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Nov 9 16:14:38 GMT 2006

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 01:25:06PM +0000, Nathan Trevivian wrote:
> checking for jar... no
> configure: error: jar not found
> I can confirm that the jar utility does exist for that java on that machine.
> So is it talking about a missing
> .jar file? Confusing...

It's talking about a command called "jar".

It looks for it on your PATH - what does this report?

which jar

If that doesn't find it, it presumably means it's installed somewhere
outside your PATH.  I'm suprised it would be somewhere different to java
and javac, but if you need to you can just tell configure where it is
explicitly.  For example, if it's /opt/bin/jar use:

./configure --with-java JAR=/opt/bin/jar

You can direct configure other commands in this way too if necessary.
For details see:

./configure --help