[Xapian-discuss] PHP functions in Ubuntu packages

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Nov 15 05:14:55 GMT 2006

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 11:23:09PM -0500, Francis Irving wrote:
> I'm expecting things like new_database, but can't see them.

You should now use "new XapianDatabase" instead of "new_database".

> On the contrary, I /do/ find that function (and lots of other similar
> ones) in php5-xapian, and it works fine.

You should also now use "new XapianDatabase" for PHP5.  Currently this
is implemented as a PHP5 class whose methods call the flat function
interface so the old functions are still there in this case.  But they
are essentially an implementation detail now.

> What's going on with the PHP4 bindings again?

This is where this was discussed last month:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.search.xapian.general/3340

Hmm, I never wrote that script.  Here it is now:

http://www.oligarchy.co.uk/xapian/patches/xapian-php-update