[Xapian-discuss] java bindings

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Nov 16 04:28:25 GMT 2006

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 06:03:06PM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 12:58:11PM -0500, Joachim Martin wrote:
> > checking for xapian-config... no
> > configure: error: Can't find Xapian library
>
> You probably need to install the "xapian-devel" package, which is needed
> if you want to build software that uses Xapian.  The "xapian" package
> only includes the runtime support (not the headers or xapian-config
> script).

I don't think this is the first time someone's run into this, and I've
certainly seen similar issues with other projects.  So I've added a
simple check to detect this and output a more helpful error message.

The check is in the XO_LIB_XAPIAN macro, so if you have an app which
uses Xapian and use XO_LIB_XAPIAN without arguments in your project's
configure.ac (or configure.in), then your users will get this message
when appropriate to!