[Xapian-discuss] Unique Term Listings

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Nov 17 19:07:16 GMT 2006

On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 05:39:25PM +0000, Martin Hearn wrote:
> Thanks Olly, this is great, and does exactly what I want. I'll test
> it over some large data sets over the weekend.
> Am I right in thinking this won't work with the PHP5 bindings?

You are right.  The problem is that SWIG/PHP doesn't support "directors"
currently, which you need to create a useful PHP subclass of
MatchDecider.  It might be unacceptably slow for a large database even
if it was supported, since it would require a call from C++ to PHP for
every document which matches the query (up to the limit of 1000000 or
whatever).

I described an alternative approach which could be implemented in PHP
here:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.search.xapian.general/3576