[Xapian-discuss] xapian performance

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Nov 30 05:50:09 GMT 2006

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 09:16:58PM +0100, Arjen van der Meijden wrote:
> But I see no difference between v2 and v3 in query times, they are
> almost identical.

Actually that can be regarded as good news - it means that ordering by
wdf is about as good as ordering by position list length.  So we can
use wdf and avoid having to open all the position lists in some cases,
but still benefit from looking through the shorter position lists first
which minimise the amount of checking work we have to do.

Anyway, thanks for benchmarking the two.