[Xapian-discuss] word pair indexing and querying

Mark Hagger mark.hagger at m-spatial.com
Thu Sep 21 12:24:01 BST 2006

Hi,

Is it possible, preferably using the simplistic scriptindex and
cgi-bin/omega approach, to create and query a database so that I can
force matches to only occur for word pairs.

For example I would want a match for "garden centre" but no match at
all, or perhaps just a low relevance match, for the query "garden" or
"centre".  Whereas my current approach using an indexscript with
something like the following:

name : truncate=100 field=caption boolean=name index

and a data file with:

name=garden centre

means that I get 100% relevance matches for any of "garden", "centre" or
"garden centre", which is rather unfortunate in my case.

Any thoughts/ideas/cunning plans would be appreciated.

Mark