[Xapian-discuss] word pair indexing and querying

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Thu Sep 21 18:12:03 BST 2006

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 05:42:38PM +0100, Mark Hagger wrote:

> It is starting to look suspiciously as if xapian just isn't going to be
> the way to go here, in truth even the biggest dataset that I'd be
> playing with here won't be more than about 100k records.

How are you proposing to identify (automatically!) the phrases you
consider more important if matched in entirety? I think that's crucial
to finding a solution...

(Hmm ... we don't have a way of giving one half of a Query() branch a
bigger weight than another, do we? I'm thinking of having an operator
which effectively just frobs q_t appropriately in BM25.)