[Xapian-discuss] Datefield problems. Indexing or configuration problems?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Sep 25 18:36:28 BST 2006

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 12:56:25PM +0200, Arnoud ten Hoedt (Ro?na?n Webdevelopment) wrote:
> Currently, I am quite lost as to where to start looking.

You want to check which terms actually index the documents in question.

You can either use the "delve" tool (in the examples subdirectory of
xapian-core), or Omega's "godmode" - assuming you've installed all
the default templates, just run omega with "FMT=godmode" added on
to the parameter list - this adds a "#<documentid>" link to the left
of each hit.  Click on this and you can see all the terms which
index that document.  Click on a term to see all the documents which
match that term, etc.

> Is this a problem about having indexed our topics incorrectly. Or
> should I look for configuration problems in the scriptindex or other
> parts of our setup?

I suspect a problem with the data you're feeding into scriptindex
though the snippet of PHP you posted looked correct.