[Xapian-discuss] Xapian Search Result Sorting

Ram Peters rampeters at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 03:41:24 BST 2007

I have local site developed using python for my country where people
post classifieds for 7 days for free and pay fees for longer period.
I thinking of using Xapian to provide searching capabilities.  What I
need to do is:

1. Sort the retrieve data accorinding to newest to oldest based on created_date.
2. Remove expired ads from Xapian Index periodically every day.  Also
if someone post an ad, it should reflect immediately in the search
results.

I am not sure where to start in Xapian to have these implemented.  Any
help, examples would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Peter