[Xapian-discuss] binding JAVA, rushing!

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Tue Apr 3 23:47:26 BST 2007

Please keep replies on-list, so more people can help you :)

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 06:29:49AM +0800, ?? ?? wrote:

> Thank you so much for your instant reply. I have used
> that way before, but it does not work. Because there
> is a space "Program Files" so it will regard two path
> one is \Prpgram and the other is \Files.

Even if you enquote it? Actually, looking at our configure code that
will certainly break. Damn. In that case, hack out all the code round
there (from java_ok=no down to immediately before if test yes =
$java_ok ; then) and replace it with two lines:

java_ok=yes
JAVA_CPPFLAGS='-I/cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/....'

This is really a last-ditch attempt, and probably won't work. The
single quotes are important... (and the .... needs to be replaced with
the rest of your include path).

Generally, spaces in file paths are wrong. There are quite a lot of
Windows applications that can't cope either, so whatever gave
Microsoft the idea of putting critical directories on the disk with
spaces in, I don't know :-(