[Xapian-discuss] Indexing and commiting

Andreas Marienborg andreas at startsiden.no
Mon Apr 16 15:19:43 BST 2007

Hello

In the series of stupid questions comes sequel #5 or so:

I was wondering about indexing and what the best practices are.

Right now I fetch items from the database, add them to the index,
with terms etc,  and commit every 1000 documents.

Does this sound reasonable, or should I wait untill the end and
commit then, or something else all together?

What I think I am seeing is that it takes longer and longer for each
commit, but that might be something else all together?

- andreas