[Xapian-discuss] Flint Database 'Can't acquire write lock'?

Josef Novak josef.robert.novak at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 07:36:38 BST 2007

Hi,

  Thank you for all of your generous help on this issue.

> So unless something else is doing a lot of locking, that strongly
> suggests that you need to do something to get locking supported.
> Alternatively, try to build the database locally rather than over NFS!

  I will try to figure out the locking when I have a chance.
Unfortunately I am doing all my work on a grid, and do not think it is
possible to build the database locally under the current
circumstances, so in the meantime I will stick with quartz.

> You seem to have sent the strace output for just `cat test.txt', but the
> error message above tells me what the errno value was so the strace
> output wouldn't help here anyway.
Sorry about that.

thanks again,
joe