[Xapian-discuss] index only the new files

iX Gamerz ixgamerz at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 24 10:55:13 BST 2007

Hello,

I'm newbie and I try to work with Xapian under Linux ubuntu 6.06 LTS.

1) I use Omindex with success with some options like this :

omindex --db /var/lib/xapian-omega/data/pdftagged/ --url /pdftagged
/var/www/xapian/pdftagged_list/

And I index a lot of pdf files per day.

I run regularly this function to index new copied files, but I have more and
more files to index and that takes more and more time to do that.

Even I receive this message:

Indexing "/RSC 3602.pdf" as application/pdf ... updated.
Indexing "/RSC 3603.pdf" as application/pdf ... updated.
Indexing "/RSC 3605.pdf" as application/pdf ... updated.
Indexing "/RSC 3609.pdf" as application/pdf ... updated.

It takes a lot of time to reindex all the database,

Is that possible to index only the new files recently copied without
reindexing all from the beginning?

2) This files are copied in differents folders where old files was already
indexed.

Is that possible to reindex only a part of the folders?

I can use a mysql database to keep a trace of the new added files. And I can
keep all the recent locations modified. but I don't understand how to use
these informations to index only a little parts of the global database to
keep the index up to date as fast as possible...

Thanks for your help and answer...

Ix