[Xapian-discuss] index only the new files

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Apr 25 17:17:29 BST 2007

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 11:48:48AM +0100, James Aylett wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 09:55:13AM +0000, iX Gamerz wrote:
>
> > 1) I use Omindex with success with some options like this :
> >
> > omindex --db /var/lib/xapian-omega/data/pdftagged/ --url /pdftagged
> > /var/www/xapian/pdftagged_list/
> >
> > Is that possible to index only the new files recently copied without
> > reindexing all from the beginning?
>
> --duplicates ignore
>
> should do what you want, providing you never update files. So it'll
> ignore anything already in the database. This may not be quite what
> you want, however.

There's a patch by Reini Urban here which implements checking of last
modified times (and a number of other things):

http://wiki.xapian.org/OmindexSamples

It's unlikely to apply cleanly to current versions of Omega though.

I've incorporated some of the functionality.  I think Reini said he'd
clean up the rest and submit an updated patch which I don't think he's
got round to doing yet, but anyway hopefully we can look at
incorporating more of this in the 1.0.X release series.