[Xapian-discuss] Using the xP parameter

M.J. van der Veen forward at mvanderveen.nl
Sat Apr 28 20:25:59 BST 2007

Hi,

I'm unsure how to use the xP and xDB parameters.

For xDB is always use the same database as the DB parameter.
For xP I use the value I get from the previous query result:
<previous>$html{$queryterms}</previous
and I also tried:
<previous>$html{$list{$queryterms,,.,.}}</previous>

in which I use the value from the XML result as a value of a FORM
field with name=xP.
Both examples are from the xapian template examples in de subversion repository.

If I use either of the two above variables in the xP variable, then I
get the same results from omega for each page: #=1, #=2, #=3.

If I skip the xP and xDB variables from the query then the pages work,
but the number of results change as I change pages.

So maybe I'm misunderstanding the use of xP and xDB or I'm not using
the correct values for those??

Please explain.

Regards,

Maarten