[Xapian-discuss] Is there any way to modify the value of documentsaved ago?

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Thu Aug 9 10:38:15 BST 2007

*Please* keep discussions on-list. There are many more people who can
help, that way, and the discussion is archived for use by future users.

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 08:35:47AM +0800, Hightman(马明练) wrote:

> Actually, these values will be updated are all have a static length,
> and I can get the document id by the unique indexed term
> (Xapian::Database::postlist_begin) .  So if we can get the real
> offset for these values in the database file, update these values
> will be possible and simple.

It isn't a flat file though - it's a btree on disk. You might be able
to use the internal flint library to access and update things, but no
one's ever tried this to my knowledge. We don't install the header
files, so you'll have to hack around a bit to get this to work - and
if we change the database format in future, or the internal API,
you'll have to redo your work. However if you need the greater speed,
this may be the only solution.