[Xapian-discuss] Random results for the same query

Steije van Schelt steije.vanschelt at pine.nl
Mon Aug 13 13:57:17 BST 2007

Hello,

I'm experiencing weird behaviour with the search results from Xapian.

For example, when I search for 'php' in the database I made (about
4.000.000 documents, 12 gb in size) I get about 562 results. When I
change the offset in the TOPDOC argument in Omega to 20, I get 592
results (and so on and so on...).

I've been searching the mailing list, the only post I found about it was:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.search.xapian.general/2329

The weird thing is that if I disable all extra boolean terms (as stated
in the discussion above) I get the same behaviour.

I've never experienced this before, it just occured today. Is my
database corrupt or is there something weird going on in Xapian?

Thanks in advance,

Steije van Schelt.