[Xapian-discuss] RE: Error in ./configure

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Aug 23 02:36:53 BST 2007

Please try to format your messages more legibly!

On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 05:35:16PM -0400, Victor Escobar wrote:
> I've read that page too...I already have gettext installed, and still get the error...

Does the sed which is found actually work - this should output "yes":

    echo x|/opt/local/bin/sed 's/x/yes/'

If not, do you have a better sed in /usr/bin:

    echo x|/usr/bin/sed 's/x/yes/'

If /usr/bin/sed works but the other doesn't, try ensuring that /usr/bin
is before /opt/local/bin in your PATH before you run configure:

    PATH=/usr/bin:$PATH
    export PATH
    ./configure