[Xapian-discuss] Re: [Swig-devel] license issue

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Aug 23 14:16:00 BST 2007

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 02:06:54PM +0100, Sam Liddicott wrote:
> William, I think we can easily change the license emitted by the code
> generator for the php module.
>
> Olly, until then I think it is fine to edit the generated code and
> change the license. The xapian authors are the ones licensing the code
> there.

The generated file contains code from SWIG too though.

I suspect the inclusion of the PHP licence boilerplate wasn't fully
though through, but it could be that Richard Palmer made use of code
from PHP itself which had that licence, and that this code can get
inserted into the generated file, so just removing the licence seems
unwise.  Similarly, I don't think it's wise to just remove it from
SWIG unless we have a firm idea why it was added in the first place.

I found another old address for Richard at uchicago.edu which also
bounces.  But does that mean that Dave Beazley might know him?