[Xapian-discuss] Newbie ?? re: case-sensitive file extensions

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Dec 12 18:11:39 GMT 2007

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 10:13:52PM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 11:52:50AM -0800, Jonathan Mergy wrote:
> > Unknown extension: "/somefile.PDF" - skipping
> >
> > Lowercase .pdf is fine. I have searched the list archives and haven't found
> > anything. Any help appreciated -
>
> The mapping from extension to mime-type should probably be case
> insensitive

I've fixed this in SVN HEAD - if the extension isn't found and contains
upper case ASCII letters, then omindex will look for the lower-cased
version of it.  This allows you to differentiate extensions by case
but you can easily get case insenitive treatment by just setting the
lowercase version (as happens by default for the built-in mappings).