[Xapian-discuss] ucs2 build of xapian?

Jason Witherspoon jwitherspoon at rainbow.coop
Thu Dec 13 21:56:02 GMT 2007

Hey Olly--

Well, the only way I've *ever* built Xapian was for the ucs2-Python.  Going down the ucs4 route, I never got to the point where I'd re-compile the Xapian Python bindings 'cause everything else went fubar first.

Recompiling everything from scratch now, on top of ucs2-Python, I get the same problem:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "xap_indexer.py", line 4, in <module>
     import xapian
   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/xapian.py", line 6, in
<module>
     import _xapian
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/_xapian.so: undefined
symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_EncodeUTF8