[Xapian-discuss] Big process using Xapian

Rafael "SDM" Sierra sdm at underlinux.com.br
Thu Feb 1 12:10:08 GMT 2007

Hi, I have a daemon that runs forever and keep a connection with
XapianWritable database, now, the process is running for 1 day, and it have
700MB+ in the `top`[1]. This daemon is used a lot to write documents,
doesn't matter how much documents per flush is used, it always grows in
memory.

There's some function to free all memory? Or the unique way is closing
database connection and opening again (it works?) ?

[1] - 736M   694M biord  182:27  2.15% python

--
SDM Underlinux
http://stiod.com.br