[Xapian-discuss] Re: Re: Xapian vs Lucene

Jason White jasonjgw at internode.on.net
Sun Feb 4 00:35:22 GMT 2007

On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 03:19:45PM +0000, James Aylett wrote:

> This is something we're aware of, however. We discussed back in the
> summer the idea of having a more problem-and-solution orientated front
> page, with an introductory section that didn't pre-suppose so much
> information up front (the first paragraph requires a fair amount of
> thinking if you don't know what IR is, and cites the GPL without
> explanation or a link, both of which could be improved upon).

If someone does decide to add introductory material, could you make sure that
the technical details are easy to find directly from the main page, as they
are now? As you note, the Apache site is a particularly bad example: I have
had to resort to a search engine more than once to find information and
documentation there.