[Xapian-discuss] Re: hi all

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Feb 7 08:30:40 GMT 2007

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 10:38:21PM +0800, Andrey wrote:
> BTW, i also have a question reguarding to web spider.
> I am thinking to change the spider's heart (domain list, to crawl URL,
> visited URL, time...etc)
> from Mysql to pure Xapian, will Xapian do a better job?
> Lots of queries and inserts (unqiue URLs)

I've not compared MySQL and Xapian, but if you don't want to flush a lot
Xapian should do a reasonable job.  This isn't a use pattern we've
focused on optimising for so far, so we could probably do better than we
currently do though.

If you're curious, I'd say give it a go and let us know how well it
does.