[Xapian-discuss] timing behaviour for creating large queries

Richard Boulton richard at lemurconsulting.com
Wed Feb 7 17:27:35 GMT 2007

Markus Wörle wrote:
> My queryparser builds a query object by connecting two objects by an
> operator using the Search::Xapian::Query constructor, e.g.
>
> Search::Xapian::Query->new(OP_OR, $left, $right)

The C++ interface supports a constructor which takes a sequence of terms
to build an OR query out of - this should get around the quadratic
complexity you're seeing (though I haven't tested to check).  I'm not
belive that construction method is available from Perl, having taken a
quick peek at the XS code.

A very interesting performance issue, this.

--
Richard