[Xapian-discuss] Sort by relevance over mulitple databases is out of order

Jim jim at fayettedigital.com
Tue Feb 13 14:54:44 GMT 2007

Olly Betts wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 07:09:27AM -0500, Jim wrote:
>
>> How can I return results sorted by relevance from multiple databases?
>> I've noticed while within a single database, it is sorted by relevance,
>> but the whole list isn't.
>>

> It should just work (and the testsuite is supposed to confirm this).
>
> Can you produce a small self-contained example?
>
> Cheers,
>     Olly

Before I do that, I want to be sure I'm doing the query right.  I'm
using omega as

http://localhost/cgi-bin/omega.cgi?DB=bks/dok/dsk/jus/ubas/umse/uvs/verg/vfgh/vwgh/&FMT=xml&xFILTERS=--O&DEFAULTOP=AND&P=land

Is there anything about that query that would sort in a different order?

Omega 0.9.9 and xapian library svn7579

Thanks,
Jim.