[Xapian-discuss] Sort by relevance over mulitple databases is out of order

Jim jim at fayettedigital.com
Tue Feb 13 15:16:54 GMT 2007

Olly Betts wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 09:54:44AM -0500, Jim wrote:
>
> Mixing SVN xapian-core with Omega 0.9.9 is probably a bad idea right now.
> Revision 7579 includes some of the utf-8 changes.  Though I can't see
> how that could cause ranking to be incorrect.
>
> Actually, an example of output from the above query might be enough to
> get some idea what's going on.
>
> Cheers,
>     Olly

I needed the utf-8 stuff, that's why I am running the newer xapian.  I
haven't seen any problems.

I see what my problem is.  I'm reading the xml and massaging it and
spitting it back out for my app.  I'm the one that's reordering it.

Sorry about that, my error.  Omega was ordering it correctly.

Jim.