[Xapian-discuss] Using scriptindex with omega and date searches.

Jim jim at fayettedigital.com
Tue Feb 13 18:19:12 GMT 2007

I was attempting to incorporate the START and END cgi parameters to
omega to limit my query but it wasn't working.  I noticed that the
generated query consisted of a bunch of filter terms such as:

M200110 OR M200111 OR D20011201 OR D20011202

however when I went into godmode I saw the D terms but no M terms.  I
reasoned that omnindex must generate something to put in the DB like

month: field=month index=M

I didn't find that documented anywhere, but when I added that to my
index file and added a term such as

month=200110

to each document, the search with START and END seemed to work.

Am I correct that I had to do it myself?  Or was there some way I could
have modified the index to automatically generate the M terms?

If the former, I'm going to write it up and put it on the wiki 'cause
it's really not as well documented as I would have liked.  Perhaps a
note in the cgi discussion near the START, END and SPAN that says these
are only valid if you use omindex would be helpful.

Jim.