[Xapian-discuss] Postgres connection

Dobrica Pavlinusic dpavlin at rot13.org
Tue Feb 20 22:58:32 GMT 2007

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 06:28:47PM +0530, Gupteshwar Joshi wrote:
> Hello all,
> Is there any way to connect postgres with Xapian?
> So that data can be indexed and searched with the help of Xapian but to/from
> Postgres.
> So, it would be great to integrate it with application which is database
> centric.

Take a look at http://pgestraier.projects.postgresql.org/

While it isn't support for Xapian, I think that pgestraier might help to
get you stared. I might try to offer some help (time permiting) because
I would love to see Xapian support for PostgreSQL.

Another posibility would be to use one of embeded languages in
PostgreSQL, but I did try to use perl back in early 8.0-beta days, and
got stuck with numerous problems, so I wrote functions in C. Things
might be easier now.

--
Dobrica Pavlinusic               2share!2flame            dpavlin at rot13.org
Unix addict. Internet consultant.             http://www.rot13.org/~dpavlin