[Xapian-discuss] External Source Post List

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Feb 21 23:52:25 GMT 2007

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 08:18:35PM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:
> I'll see if I can merge the non-externalsource parts of the patch soon
> and make a new Search::Xapian point release (the externalsource parts
> need to wait for xapian-core).

OK, I've mostly done this now, and added a simple test case for the new
check_at_least optional parameter.  The check_at_least change wasn't
working because the argument count includes the "this" pointer, so you
need to test against a value one higher than you expect.

I'm a bit unsure about the need for get_mset_decider - we should be able
to handle that by just having a "get_mset" method which checks if the
relevant parameter is a function, or perhaps a
Search::Xapian::MatchDecider subclass.

I'm also unsure if it's more natural to pass in a function or an object
subclassed from Search::Xapian::MatchDecider here.  I don't really write
enough Perl these days to know which is the more natural OO Perl
interface.

What should the copyright notice for your changes say?