[Xapian-discuss] Sort By Relevance+Value?

Robert Young luzong at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 06:35:10 GMT 2007

Pardon me if this has been asked before, is there a way to do a sort by:

 (relevance + constant * value)

efficiently? Is this planned or feasible?

Our situation is that each document has a rank number calculated in
other ways (for example, a function of number of comments, "useful"
voting result or number of "digs", time of submission, etc). I need to
find a way to allow a doc with high relevance/low value and a doc with
low relavance/high value to be close to each other after sorting.
Neither sort_by_value_then_relevance nor sort_by_relevance_then_value
would do for us.

Incidentally, I believe by a very crude simplification, relevance +
pagerank is what Google is using?

Thanks,

- Robert