[Xapian-discuss] change the doc_id

Felix Antonius Wilhelm Ostmann ostmann at websuche.de
Fri Jan 5 16:38:40 GMT 2007

Alexander Lind schrieb:
> I let my db make its own unique ID per index:able document, and then
> when the doc is inserted into the xapian index, I let xapian set its
> own doc_id and I then save xapians doc_id in the db with the relevant
> document.
> Much easier and way less error prone than trying to keep the db:s and
> xapians unique id:s in synch, I believe.
i can do the same ... but this would be not perfect for my scenario :(
the filename is the doc_id and i dont want to rename millions of
documents during indexing or creating symlinks.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Felix Antonius Wilhelm Ostmann
Websuche   Search   Technology   GmbH   &   Co. KG
Martinistraße 3  -  D-49080  Osnabrück  -  Germany
Tel.:   +49 541 40666-0 - Fax:    +49 541 40666-22
Email: info at websuche.de - Website: www.websuche.de
AG Osnabrück - HRA 200252 - Ust-Ident: DE814737310
Komplementärin:     Websuche   Search   Technology
Verwaltungs GmbH   -  AG Osnabrück  -   HRB 200359
Geschäftsführer:  Diplom Kaufmann Martin Steinkamp