[Xapian-discuss] Omega behaves differently

Jim k4gvo at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 7 11:32:24 GMT 2007

I don't understand what's going on with omega.  I have a cgi script that
is calling omega using the back tics, such as
`/usr/local/lib/omega/bin/omega FMT=mail.xml DB=/current DEFAULTOP=and
P=search`
But omega is ignoring all the parameters.  I get back an html file and
it says it can't open database default.  I temporarily changed the omega
call to an echo to make sure perl wasn't stripping the parameters, and
it isn't.  Now if I copy/paste that line into a terminal window, it
works fine.  The database and template files are readable by everyone,
as is the omega.conf file.

I did a strace on omega being run from perl and I see that the
parameters are passed.  I also set an environment variable to point it
to a different omega.conf file and I see that it read that file correctly.

Any ideas as to why this is not working as expected?

Jim.