[Xapian-discuss] indexing

Jamie D jam5t3r.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 17:46:27 GMT 2007

Hi,

I am just about to start indexing a huge amount of data so I want to
make sure I get it right before starting.

1. Am I right in thinking that to index a document Xapian must be
passed each word in a document separately along with the position the
word appears in the text?

2. Is is possible to index text using C++ or the perl bindings and
then search this same database using the PHP bindings and will there
be any problems doing this?

3. Lastly, is it possible to index on one machine, then copy the
database files to another machine and search them without any issues?

Thanks,
Jamie