[Xapian-discuss] Using xapian for source browsing

Eyal Raab eyal.raab at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 16:27:38 GMT 2007

Hi,

I've just discovered xapian last week (looks great) and I was wandering
whether I could use it to write a source code browsing tool.

   - I'm looking to implement a source browsing tool (like cscope) for an
   internal language we have at work.
   - I'd like to parse the source files and store them into a xapian
   database and then use queries to retrieve information such as:
      - Function declarations.
      - Function documentation.
      - Function references.
      - Auto-complete options.
      - Parameter options.
      - And so on...

I'm looking for any information on whether xapian is suited for this task
and what problems might come up if I implement the tool using xapian.

Any information would be greatly appreciated,
Eyal.